You guys. You MUST make this delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake. Immediately. I needed an afternoon pick-me-up, so I made this and it was insanely delicious. And healthy, too. If you love the combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and banana as much as my daughter and I do, you’ll love this recipe.
Link to the full recipe here from Minimalist Baker (image above taken from the same site).
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SHAKE
Easy, 5 ingredient chocolate peanut butter banana shake with a thick, creamy texture and tons of chocolate-peanut butter flavor! A perfectly healthy vegan breakfast, snack or dessert.
Author: Minimalist Baker
- 1 large ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1-2 dates, pitted (if not sticky and moist, soak in hot water for 10 minutes, then drain)
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups (240 – 360 ml) Almond Milk
- Optional: 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients except almond milk to the blender. Add in almond milk 1/2 cup at a time, adding only enough to allow the ingredients to blend together. Add more for a thinner shake and less for a thicker shake.
- Taste and adjust flavors, adding more banana or dates for sweetness, cacao for chocolate flavor, and peanut butter for saltiness. Optional: Add a handful of ice for extra thickness.
- Serves 1 generously. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the fridge for up to 24 hours. You could even freeze this into popsicles!
Serving size: 1 shake Calories: 382 Fat: 21 g Saturated fat: 4.1 g Carbohydrates: 43.7 g Sugar: 21.7 g Sodium: 194 mg Fiber: 8.2 g Protein: 13.5 g